Prom Hair Styles: Looking Your Best on Your Big Night
Your prom hair style is something that you need to give some considered thought. Your hair needs to accentuate your dress, your make-up, and your face. Follow these simple pieces of advice to have truly stunning prom hair.
Make no mistake - your hairstyle is vital to you looking stunning on this special night. To achieve that drop-dead gorgeous look that most of us strive for, you need to strike the right balance between your dress, your hair, your make-up, and your accessories. However, the reality is that loads of would-be prom-princesses do not give enough attention to their hairstyle even though they may spend days searching for the perfect dress, shoes, and lipstick. With prom hairstyles there are really no right or wrong answers, rather it is what makes you look your very best on the night.
Some of the best prom hair styles are not necessarily created in the salon. You can (sometimes with the help of a girlfriend or two) achieve some great styles at home. While getting together with a group of friends and doing each other's hair can be fun, there is no denying that sometimes we like to pamper ourselves and have a stylist do our hair for special occassions such as the prom. If you decide to go for the pamper option then I recommend the following advice:
- Make the appointment 1-2 months before your big night but be sure to make a note of the time (it is a good idea to ring and confirm the appointment 2 days before the date). Use your usual stylist for your prom hair style as they already know your hair and more importantly have an idea of your personality.
- Make sure that you feel comfortable wearing it. Feel beautiful, and chances are you will look beautiful. Don't let a hair stylist or a friend talk you into something that you do not like. What style is best for you will depend on how you see yourself, and how you want others to view you.
- Make sure you can explain the style you want to the stylist. If you saw it in a magazine, see if you can take it along � it can pretty difficult to explain a hairstyle to someone. Remember a pciture speaks a 1000 words. Make sure you have a view from every angle and that model's face shape is the same as yours.
Your prom hair style needs to complement your total look. Think about the overall style of your dress, your accessories, your shoes, and your make-up. While there are no hard and fast rules, here are some guidelines that you should consider.
- You should consider having a trial run. This way you can check that your dress, shoes, hair, and accessories all work together.
- If you are wearing a dress that has a high or a fussy neckline, then it is often best to wear your hair up if you have medium length or long hair. Because the neck of your dress is such a feature, you will want to keep your hair simple and elegant.
- Match the style of your dress and the style of your hair. If you are wearing a timeless elegant gown opt for a classic hairstyle such as a French roll. If you are wearing a funky dress then try some funky updos.
- Continue the line of your dress all the way up to your head. If you are wearing a dress that has a soft and floating skirt then think about wearing your medium-long length hair down. The movement of your hair will complement the movement in your skirt. On the other hand, if you are wearing a stiff skirted ballgown style dress than an updo will best complement this style.
Remember, the most important thing about looking beautiful on prom night isn't a great prom hair style, or even a great prom dress � it's about feeling confident and relaxed. Have a great night!
images from www.hairstylesdesign.com